We specialize in personalized tours. Call today to plan your special day in the Texas Wine Country on
Hwy. 290 near Fredericksburg and the Texas Hill Country. Fredericksburg, Texas Wine Tours
Visiting Wineries - Important Things to Know
Our goal, and the goal of the wineries, is to provide you fun and safe winery visits.
1. Probably the best overall rule is to imagine if you were a winery owner or server, how you would like your guest to behave at your place. In some cases, they are inviting you into their home.
2. Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages are allowed at wineries OTHER THAN wine from that winery. This is a legal requirement that applies to "bonded facilities" (wineries) and our entire group will be expelled if just one person violates this rule, so please comply.
3. Public intoxication is a crime, regardless if you have a designated driver or are in a limo/bus/shuttle. It is unlawful to serve or sell alcohol to an intoxicated person. Winery servers cannot serve anyone they suspect is over or near the "legal limit" of alcohol. It is a judgment call and winery management will support their TABC trained employees, and if you are advised you cannot be served, please do no argue and just step away. Additionally, wineries, by law, will excuse the entire group is ONE person is considered "over the limit" of alcohol.
4. Winery servers may also ask for ID's to confirm you are over 21. Sometimes, you may be asked more than once if you purchase a tasting at the register and taste at a different tasting area.
5. Only employees are allowed to handle open bottles at the tasting bars. Please do no reach for a bottle to pour yourself.
6. Please respect your fellow patrons in the tasting rooms. Disorderly, loud groups are a distraction to fellow guests trying to enjoy their winery experience. Please be aware and considerate.
7. Saturdays and Holidays are busy days at wineries. Staff members are striving to serve everyone equally and ensure everyone had a good experience. We appreciate your patience as you might experience a wait in line or for an accessible place at the serving area.
We want you to have a great time exploring Texas wineries. We are also asking your help as our business revolves around the wineries and we MUST follow these guidelines if we want to continue our service for you! We want to continue to be welcomed at the wineries and ask you to help us be greeted cheerfully on our next visit. Thank you!!!
Enjoy the comfort and ease of entry and exit of one of our vans.
Behind the Scenes
We offer tours to newly open boutique wineries. At Calais Wines you will be personally served by Ben Calais!
With over 8 years of experience in the Texas Hill Country Wine Industry, our relationship with local businesses enables personalized visits to unique locations and behind the scenes tours.
Fredericksburg, Hill Country and Hwy 290